BC ECHO on Substance Use – Opioid Use Disorder: Cycle 3, Session 3
OAT and pharmacy
Tuesday August 25, 12:00-1:00 PM PDT
Presenter: Mona Kwong, PharmD Pharmacy Advisor, Director – Addictions Pharmacy Fellowship Program; BC Centre on Substance Use; Clinical Pharmacist Consultant, Infinity Medical Specialists Clinic; Clinical Pharmacist and Manager, Pharmasave Howe Street
At the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Describe methadone options under BC Pharmacare.
- Describe logistics when patients travel out of province.
- Avoid common errors when writing OAT prescriptions.
- Be aware of the update of new BC CPP forms that are forthcoming.
- Identify drug drug interactions with OAT medications.
- Describe the logistics of pharmacy OAT administration including prescription cancellations, missed doses, when patients receives a partial dose, diversion, and carries.
- Describe how PharmaNet is used in the pharmacy setting, including how to identify the pharmacy filling the prescription, what is seen on the system (i.e., tablet quantity rather than by total dose, and medication reversals etc.).