BC ECHO on Substance Use: Joint alcohol and opioid use disorder ECHO session
Managing co-occurring alcohol and opioid use disorders
Tuesday April 13, 2021, 12:00-1:00 PM PDT
Presenter: Dr. Rupi Brar, Post-doctoral Fellow – BC Centre on Substance Use; St Paul’s Hospital Addiction Medicine Consult Service Physician Lead; Primary Care & Addictions Medicine physician – PHS Community Services Society
At the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Define co-occurring alcohol and opioid use disorders.
- Describe screening tools that can be used to screen for co-occurring substance use.
- Describe key principles for treating co-occurring substance use disorders.
- Describe risks associated with concurrent use of alcohol and opioids.
- Outline treatment approaches for co-occurring alcohol and opioid use disorders.