BC ECHO on Substance Use – Alcohol Use Disorder: Cycle 1, Session 2
Screening for high-risk drinking and alcohol use disorder
Tuesday September 15, 12:00-1:00 PM PDT
Presenter: Dr. Sukhpreet Klaire, MD CCFP; Addiction Medicine Physician, Providence Health Care Clinician; Researcher, British Columbia Centre on Substance Use
At the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Describe Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines.
- Describe recommendations for screening for alcohol use in primary care.
- Apply the Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines in practice.
- Apply screening for high-risk alcohol use in practice.
- Diagnose alcohol use disorder using the DSM-V.