BC ECHO on Substance Use – Alcohol Use Disorder: Cycle 2, Session 3
Considerations for high-risk drinking or alcohol use disorder in pregnancy
Tuesday March 2, 2021, 12:00-1:00 PM PST
Presenter: Dr. Sarah Lea, Division Head GP Obstetrics Geo 4 and Co-Lead Maternity Care; Perinatal Addiction Physician Lead, Island Health; Family Physician – GROW Health; Addiction Medicine Physician – Addiction Medicine Consult Service Victoria General Hospital
At the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Describe the clinical implications of alcohol use disorder in pregnancy.
- Summarize key principles of care for this patient population.
- Utilize screening tools for high-risk drinking and AUD in pregnancy.
- Practice harm reduction approaches for individuals who continue to drink or have under-treated AUD during pregnancy.
- Discuss comparative advantages and disadvantages of available treatment interventions for high-risk drinking and AUD in pregnancy.