BC ECHO on Substance Use – Alcohol Use Disorder: Cycle 1, Session 4
Alcohol withdrawal management
Tuesday November 3rd, 12:00-1:00 PM PDT
Presenter: Zak Matieschyn NP(F), MN; Director, Addiction Nurse Practitioner Fellowship, BC Centre on Substance Use; Clinical Director, Nurse Practitioners, BC Ministry of Health
- Identify alcohol withdrawal and the mechanisms of action.
- Utilize the PAWSS tool to asses for risk of serve complications of alcohol withdrawal.
- Assess the risk of severe complications of alcohol withdrawal.
- Discuss withdrawal management strategies and considerations for AUD care.
- Recognize strategies to support patients living in a rural community and/or with limited access to services.